The Goulburn River Valley region is comprised of the following key clusters and product strengths including:
- Kilmore/Broadford - history and heritage, equine, sports including the State Motorcycle Complex
- Seymour & Surrounds - military history, the Great Victorian Rail Trail and access to the Goulburn River
- Kinglake Ranges - natural attractions and nature-based experiences, with popular activities including adventure sports, camping and bushwalking
- Yea & Surrounds - natural attractions, wineries and events
- Alexandra, Marysville & Eildon - natural attractions, alpine - Lake Mountain, water-based including Lake Eildon, adventure and and food & wine
- Nagambie & Surrounds - a key visitor destination in its own right, characterised by water based activities including Lake Nagambie, equine and food & wine
- Euroa & the Strathbogie Ranges - wineries and farm gate produce, natural attractions, cycling, equine and events.
- Shepparton & Surrounds - key strengths include sporting, business and conference events, festivals, food & wine, history & heritage, arts & culture and indigenous product.